Thursday, January 30, 2014

Dancing Stars...

I finally finished up my "Dancing Stars" top last week.  Phew!!  And taking a photo was another story.  Between not having any help and the weather not cooperating, I thought I wasn't going to get a picture.  It has been too windy and rainy for anything outside.  I finally gave up and tacked it to the barn wall this morning. It'll do :)


If you follow me, you have seen my progress of  this QAL, which started last January by Amy Ellis of Amy's Creative Side.  You can still download the pattern from Craftsy here.  I chose the lap/throw size which has 98 stars all foundation pieced and measures about 60" x 68".  A nice size throw.  Fabrics I used were charms from several rounds of rainbow charm swaps on Flickr as well as gray and white from Joanns line of Kona solids.


As this was my January goal for "A Lovely Year of Finishes", I'm glad to get it checked off my list! :)  

  

A Lovely Year of Finishes


Paper Piecing Party

12 comments:

  1. What a great pattern. So fun with all the colours on the grey background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it love it love it.... LOVE IT!!!!!
    That is an awesome quilt!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Dancing Stars are so beautiful!! I love it with the scrappy colors in the stars.
    Seeing yours may motivate me to finish putting my top together, it is so close.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt! I love the colors! The grey and white really make the colors pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love this!
    Katelyn @ Sing While Crafting

    ReplyDelete
  6. visiting from crazy mum quilts. I love this but what an enormous amount of work. Love the triangles within the stars

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful quilt! And Dancing Stars is the perfect name. Congrats on finishing your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic quilt! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Pretty. I love the pattern and the way your stars float on the grey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a really gorgeous quilt - well done! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...