Wednesday, February 5, 2014

"Bee Sew Modern" Quilt Top Finish

My last Bee group of 2013 was "Bee Sew Modern" and ended back in September.  I chose the wonky pinwheel block by Greenleaf Goods.  You can go here  for her tutorial. I just love her finished quilt!  I changed the block size so I could get a little bit bigger finished quilt.  I had everyone use 5" background squares instead of 3.5" that was called for in the tutorial.  The block ended up being 18.5" unfinished. Here is mine:

Bee Sew Modern- April block for me

And here is the finished quilt:



I really need to get busy and quilt some of my finished tops.  I'm getting too many of them :)  This one was suppose to be a Christmas present!  Obviously it didn't get to that point since I was sick so I have decided it will be my February goal for "A lovely Year of Finishes".  I hope to get it quilted and bound before the end of the month.  Wish me luck :)



A Lovely Year of Finishes
go here for the goal setting party


My Quilt Infatuation
linking up here, too!

6 comments:

  1. LOVE this quilt top!! Nice job! Good luck with getting it finished by the end of the month - you can do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! Fabulous finish so far:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt top is fantastic! I love the colors. Can't wait to see it all finished!

    Thanks for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt. Wonderful way to use up some scraps. I will definitely check out the tutorial link you provided.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEautiful quilt top. I love that block. Good luck with your finish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...