Wednesday, March 19, 2014

WIP Wednesday

February 5th was my last post?  Wow!  I can't believe it's been that long.  Well, the absence has not been due to lack of quilting, that's for sure.  I had been having trouble with my computer constantly dropping internet connections and then finally it just crashed all together :(  I spent a while shopping for another and then trying to learn how to navigate through Windows 8.  Ha!  It took a little bit but I think I'm good to go now.

So, anyway!  Yes, I've been sewing.  I've had some good progress too.  I totally missed the "Lovely Year of Finishes" Feb. linkup though.  I soooo did not get to my goal and then with no computer, I had no way to join in for March.  Oh well, I still have lots of WIP's and will get back on track for the April link up.

I have had a lot of progress including a finish!  I've been keeping up with the Vise Versa BOM.  In fact, I find it hard to wait for the next month's block to be posted :) I am loving these blocks and can't wait to put them all together at the end.  Here are the blocks for March:





I also started a new project in the midst of all my WIP's.  I had a finish though so it's ok, right? ;) wink
I had won a giveaway months ago from Freckled Whimsy.  I won her Paradox pattern and a mini charm pack of the new Kona colors that were being released.  It took me a while to come up with a way to use those cute squares in a project.  At 2.5" each, I wasn't going to get anywhere with the charms alone.  I settled on making some log cabins and used the solid charms as the center of each block.  I used this tutorial from Red Pepper Quilts.  I love them :)


As a lot of other people jumped on the "Economy Block" wagon, I too joined in.  I like them but I'm done.  I wasn't really wanting to make an entire lap quilt out of them so I decided to end it at a wall hanging.  


The fussy cut squares are from an I-spy charm swap from last year and the rest is all from my stash. It finishes at 32" square.  Perfect for a wall in my sewing room :)  I think I had it stippled and the binding sewn on in an hour. I'm getting faster with my FMQing and am ready to move on to another design. 

I also basted another quilt top and will start quilting that today. It is another I-spy meant for one of my boys so I thought I should get it done before they get too big! Hope to be sharing that one soon.
                                                                 
Linking up to WIP Wednesday here!
             

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced                                                         Sew Fresh Quilts

13 comments:

  1. Love those monochromatic log cabin blocks! Welcome back to the internet ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks for March look so precisely done! I'm envious ;-) Stopping by from Let's Bee Social

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your log cabin blocks are great and I love those leaves (or are they bear paws) for your BOM. I just finished a top for an economy block project too. I got it done, but most of my points are off or missing. Oh well. I'll just say that makes it look more homemade. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like your little log cabins. So cute! You've got a lot of great colors in your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well. you economy block girls have some adorable quilts! Love, love, love your log cabin blocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy! Super cute economy block wall hanging! I have these on "the list."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your projects. I like all of them and particularly like your fabrics and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your log cabins - the solid center is cool. Also those blocks at the top with the transposed colors are AMAZING! I love that so much. Glad you are back. I haven't blogged for a month...not time to take any pictures. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is just GORGEOUS!!! Congratulations on this amazing finish!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really admire those Vise Versa BOM blocks. I am such a sucker for solids! Congrats on your economy block finish. That will look splendid hanging in the sewing room! Love the array of log cabin like rainbow blocks. Those are going to make a gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the economy blocks are lovely and I love the brightness of the bears paw

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your VVBOM blocks look great! I still need to do my March ones. At this rate, I'll be doing my March & April ones at the same time!
    I also really like your economy block wall hanging. That's a size I can do. While I like the blocks, when they are in a lap-size or bigger quilt it's just too busy for me. But a wall hanging is a great size. I may have to do the same. I also like how you sashed them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...